CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.16.2009

...peace...

I just read 1 Nephi 14:7... "...the time cometh, saith the Lamb of God, that I will work a great and a marvelous work among the children of men; a work which shall be everlasting, either on the one hand or on the other--either to the convincing of them unto peace and life eternal, or unto the deliverance of them to the hardness of their hearts and the blindness of their minds...."
I just believe that peace is a choice. I think that in any situation (well, we all know that I can only speak for situations I have actually experienced, so keep that in mind :) we can choose to find a way to feel peace. There are absolutely legitimate reasons in most circumstances to choose to feel hardened. But we must realize that when we make that choice, we are closing our eyes to real peace. Of course, this is much more easily said then done, and choosing peace will certainly seem foolish to many onlookers... But maybe this is why when Christ said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you," He added, "not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." He must have known, having lived as we live, that there are countless times when it doesn't seem to make sense to choose peace. But isn't that the wonderful thing about what He offers? That it's different? That it's higher than what we would think of when left to ourselves?
So here's my challenge to myself: When it seems all too easy to choose to feel hardened, invest some hope and choose peace. I'll let you all know how it works out :)

2 comments:

  1. very true. well said. :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma K.18.6.09

    Dearest Jess, when I read this post, I felt the complete sincerity of your commitment to CHOOSE peace, and once again, I feel that you have wisdom well beyond your years and that you have, considering the situation that you are in, as well as in all our other earthly conditions, chosen the RIGHT. Sometimes the stresses and anxieties of daily life may seem overwhelming to us. We all know that God's hand rests on each of us, and that He has given us the gift of choice and free will, and that none of us can choose for any other. We love you and miss you, and we pray for your peace. I think that I have told you that one of my daily prayers is that "The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you, the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." I offer it up for you and all our loved ones, and I offer it daily in remembrance of Stan Jr. It is a consolation to me.

    ReplyDelete