CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.25.2008

Father's Day!!

It's Saturday, June 14th, and Gabi and I are hard at work cutting out 101 hearts and writing something we love about Gabi and Taggert's Daddy on each one. Feeling so on the ball for starting our preparations an entire week early, we comment that it's a darn good thing Father's Day isn't tomorrow, because we would never have time to finish our project by then!
...
Well, it turned out that tomorrow was Father's Day, and we weren't nearly as prepared as we thought we'd be! We improvised, and I made scrambled eggs arranged in the shape of a heart, which Gabi delivered to her Daddy in bed for breakfast before church. Jed graciously accepted the offer of a pretend Father's Day on June 15th and a real one the following week.

We finished all of our hearts that week, and on Father's Day morning, we covered the walls with them! We walked around with Jed before church as he read each one! Jed left to go pick up his mom from the airport just before Gabi, Tagg & I left for church--which gave us girls just enough time to change into the shirts I made us! Mine said "MY HUBBY ROCKS" and Gabi's said "MY DAD ROCKS" in rhinestone letters! We made Jed empanadas for dinner and enjoyed a double celebration of our favorite husband/daddy around!

No comments:

Post a Comment