CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.26.2008

Gabi's 8th Birthday!

Gabi got to spend her real birthday with us this year! Yay! She made her own birthday cake; she went to town with the food coloring and put patterns in the batter!



She also frosted it herself, and here's how it turned out:I think it looks awesome! At the bottom is sand, above the sand are waves, to the right is a palm tree, in the top left corner there is a sun, and thedots on the sand are fish, which she accidentally put on the shore instead of in the water :) She mixed all of those colors herself, by the way!

The birthday princess came downstairs to a decorated kitchen (just like my beautiful mom Always did for me!!!)
and a PopTart with candles in it! Ha!!
She wanted fruit at her party, so I went to Sprouts and got everything she asked for (which was all on sale, by the way! Wahoo!). Norine helped me cut it all up and we put it in hollowed out watermelons (which Gabi thought was really cool!) Since the party was Hawaiian themed, Norine bought Gabi some coconut scented candles!
When most of her friends were there but we were still waiting on some, Jed did some wicked awesome magic tricks for the kids! They love him! (So do I :)
We all had a blast in the pool!
And when Joshua got there, Jed greeted him with a huge hug!... And then Jed jumped in the pool before he let go! :) The kids sure didn't mind, though!
Jed had the foresight to realize that that one homemade cake wasn't going to feed 20 people :) and so he got a HANNAH MONTANA cake, too! What a sweet surprise!
Then, to top it off, we went to Texas Roadhouse for a steak dinner! The waiters all came and sang Happy Birthday to Gabi, during which she got to sit on this saddle! :)
We picked Texas Roadhouse because it's one of Gabi's favorite places... one night, I was telling her about my philosophy that it doesn't make sense to go out somewhere to eat if I don't even really like the food there. She agreed with me and said, "Yeah, it's gotta be someplace where it's really worth it... Someplace really good, like Texas Roadhouse or McDonald's!"

2 comments:

  1. Happy BIRTHDAY GABBI. Its been a few years since we had seen you up in Park City. I hope you birthday was great. Looks cool. Great job on your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her cake! She's a natural artist. I would never think to make designs in the batter. But why eat boring cake, when you can have a designer one. What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete