CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

4.02.2010

The Fools

Yesterday was April Fools Day, and we celebrated in style! Here's the list of pranks Jed pulled on me:
  • Stuffed paper in the toes of my sneakers
  • Cut out pieces of paper to fit exactly inside my sunglasses and colored them with a black permanent marker so I couldn't see
  • Sewed my keys into my bag
  • In the car: Turned the radio WAY up, put the air conditioning on full blast with all the vents pointing at me, turned on the windshield wipers, and put a piece of clear packing tape over my seatbelt base so I couldn't click it in
  • Put salt in my toothpaste tube

Here's the list of pranks I pulled on Jed:

  • Served "cupcakes" for dinner that were actually meatloaf with colored mashed potatoes on top (I did that last year, too... unless I can come up with some other funny dinner, that will become the traditional April Fools dinner around here!)
  • Served "lemonade" for dinner that was actually lemon Jell-O in a glass
  • Made myself a "grilled cheese" after Tagg went to bed and offered Jed a bite... it was actually two pieces of sponge cake with yellow frosting in the middle that I browned in a skillet to make it look just like a grilled cheese. After I proved to him that the sandwich was edible by eating bites off of both sides myself, he caved in a took a taste. The look on his face was priceless! (And, although it was actually pretty yummy, he spit it out because he was expecting a grilled cheese and it really freaked him out!)

Tagg wanted to "play games" on us, too, once he noticed how much Jed & I were laughing together. So he and Daddy gave me a sippy cup for my drink at dinner and Tagg & I switched the label on a can of sauerkraut to make it look like a can of corn and asked him to come give me a hand in the kitchen with the corn.

It was so funny, Jed and I would automatically come up with a reason that the pranks would have naturally happened... "Tagg must have had a blast filling my shoes with this paper! ... Was there a really good song on last night when you took the Jeep to Wal-Mart? ... Did the canners mess up this can of corn? ... My keys must have accidentally gotten caught on this string! ... Are my sunglasses really dirty?"

Thank goodness for random, not-pointless-at-all holidays that spice up our life!

5 comments:

  1. You guys are such a fun family! Maybe next year I'll try one of those pranks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! I love April Fools day... I safety pinned the bottoms of Blake's pants shut so he couldn't get them on in the morning. He told me that we didn't get the house we had an offer on - that one wasn't as funny. Love all of yours and love that I am typing this while wearing your shirt - it's like the good old college days! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma/pa K.7.5.10

    I just now read this April Fool's Day post, and it really cracked me up! You two are the best humored, fun couple on the planet! We are so glad that you are our granddaughter and grandson!!! Your creative spirits shine out in everything that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting for pictures and updates on your growing little family!! Love and miss you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess!! What's new girl?! I'm waiting for an update too! haha. I was thinking about you this past weekend while in Provo. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete