CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.16.2011

Baby Reece

After nine months of this...


...we took Tagg to Grandma and Grandpa Klaiss's, went out to a Mexican restaurant for refried beans, I got a foot massage, we counted contractions for an hour, got the go-ahead from the doctor to git-er-done, broke my water, gave me some pitosin, and hung out in the hospital for a few days...

My belly looked CRAZY after they broke my water!

I got the epidural right away this time... I'm glad I had the experience of Jed helping me through the first seven drug-free hours of labor with Taggert, but... once was enough :) We enjoyed ourselves waiting for the big moment. I would say the hardest part of labor this time around was how darn hungry I was by the time I needed to push. When she arrived (hollerin'), she wasn't quite the right color (purple) -- which we noticed after basking in her presence for what seemed to me to be a few minutes. The cord had been wrapped around her neck; the wonderful doctor calmly brought her around and we began our adventure with Baby Reece! Grandma Kim was there for the birth again, and we're so glad she was!
Taggert stayed with Grandma & Grandpa Klaiss, and they arrived a few hours after she was born, so it was just me, Jed and Reece for a bit.

I'm writing this 16 months later, and she still looks like the picture on the top left when she sleeps. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment