These two kids had so much fun together! Tagg adores his Gabi! He even says "Gah-bee." They did plenty of wrestling, which mostly consisted of Taggert tackling/body slamming his sister, who would delight him with her theatrical skills by collapsing from the blow.
There was a lot of shoe-switching that went on this summer. Turns out that Gabi and I can wear each others' shoes (she even wore a skirt of mine to church! Looked good!) so we were taking advantage of that all the time! Tagg not only "fits" into Gabi's shoes, he can rock mine like a champ! Once again, all these scowls are his adorable "smile for the camera" face (which, by the way, he did on command many many times on our family picture day, bless his heart!) -- I recommend clicking on these pictures to blow them up; they are way cute up close!In the small pictures on the top, Gabi's helping Taggert put on my sunglasses. She was the best helper ever. Ever. She would, unasked, unbuckle Tagg's seatbelt on car trips, keep an eye on him if I had to run out of the room for a minute, read to him, be really patient with his desire to play games (or at least play with the pieces :) with us... Her mom is having another baby girl in a few months, and Gabi is going to be the best sister to that girl ever!
We had a lot of cups left over from... something you'll hear about later :) And Gabi & Tagg spent an afternoon gettin creative with em! (You will notice that, with the right mindset -- and a camera nearby ;) -- cups can easily transform into various body parts such as ears or prosthetic hands!)
Gabi taught Taggert a lot while she was here, not the least of which was how to surf on a ball. She would set the yoga ball up and then run across the room before sprinting back to the ball, landing on her belly with her legs up and arms out. Tagg tried imitating her, but when the yoga ball proved to be a bit too large for his little self, he moved on to the ball you see him sitting on above. Gabi would also use a stool as her table and the yoga ball as her chair, which is where Tagg got the idea for what he's doing in that picture.Gabi procured these two bouncy balls in quite impressive ways; you'll get filled in soon enough--start gettin excited! :)
This last ball-thing was one of the very first things we did after Gabi got here; after practicing to get it all right she asked me to tape it. Priceless!!




Hi, Jess! These are fun pics and it is heartwarming to see the happy interaction between Tagg and Gabi. As you say, what a dear help-companion she is and will be for her new baby sister this autumn. Unfortunately I have not figured out how to see the You Tube video of Gabi with the big blue yoga ball. I will explain it to you when we talk, but I have been able to enlarge the pictures so we can better see all the sweet expressions. Tagg is indeed the little man of a thousand faces. I meant to mention how I enjoyed your Fourth of July patriotic music and that video at the end of your postings with the flute guy! Hope all is well with all of you. We love and miss all of you. We send you great big hugs 'n' kisses.
ReplyDeleteP. S. I think that I did mention to you how I love the "head shot" that you have at the top of this blog! It is so cute of each one of you, and it is a great way to focus! Love you!!!
ReplyDelete