CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.11.2009

Ringing in '09!

We had the Skinnells over for New Year's, and we had a blast! We played games, opened New Year's poppers (which is where we procured this awesome hats!), watched a movie, ate 12 grapes at midnight (see picture below) and took this picture! (My kissy face is the result of the hard time I got for putting lipstick on for the picture :)

I heard that eating 12 grapes at midnight is a tradition, so we tried it--it's supposed to give you good luck all 12 months of the coming year. I looked up tons of international traditions, and my favorite by far was this one: In tribal villages in some unremembered country, an archway is constructed and the young villagers pass under the archway while old men in the village swing live chickens over their heads for good luck! What the heck?! We opted for the grapes only because we didn't have any live chickens handy. Maybe I'll plan further ahead for 2010. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12.1.09

    Jess, the newest postings are so fun--as always! Your efforts are well appreciated, and we thank you for the precious time you put into making each one so dear. You have properly welcomed the New Year, and we hope that the twelve grape tradition bears fruit for you (pardon the pun!) and that this will be a well blessed 2009. Our time with you over the weekend was THE BEST. Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete