CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

3.14.2009

Such a fun, busy day!

Taggert and I had a really fun, busy day today! There was a festival at the library, which is about 2 1/2 miles away, and I really wanted to go! But by the time we got ready, we only had an hour before we had to leave for our next activity... and the only mode of transportation available was our trusty bike! It usually takes half an hour to take a nice, leisurely ride over to the library, which means that we'd get there just in time to turn around and come back! But I wanted to enjoy the festival bad enough (and I wanted an outlet to exercise enough!) that I decided to book it! I went as fast as I could the whole time (...I must admit "as fast as I could" did have a bit of a flexible definition ;) and we shaved 10 minutes off each way! Yippee! My muscles earned us 20 minutes at the library!
And boy, did it pay off! :) There was a real live fire engine there, and Tagg got to go inside it! (I act like it's some big huge deal, but as you can see from the picture, he much prefers reading books about fire engines to sitting in them :)
We got to see a display of local high-schoolers photography projects, which were awesome! When I was in photography in high school, we learned how to develop our own film, which was neat, but it seems like these kids are actually learning how to take fantastic, creative pictures! I seriously am planning on visiting one of those high schools and asking their photography teachers how I can learn what their students are learning!
Our next stop was 0ur friend Sher's baby shower! She's due in five long weeks, and her sisters went ALL OUT for her shower! They thought of the cutest games that were pretty darn fun and they make DELICIOUS cupcakes and homemade rolls! It was so much fun... I have never really appreciated "girl time" too much until I've gotten married (with the exception of my BYU ROOMIES! Holla! ;) but now I adore it! And, apparently, so does Tagg! He found himself a little harem of adoring ladies to feed him cupcake frosting and to hand cat toys to, and he was in heaven!
I made Sher's present, and I am so proud to say it only cost $2.75! Yay! You know, there comes a point when babies are too little to want to be swaddled at night, but you (maybe "I" would be more appropriate :) are still afraid they're so little that they might suffocate if a loose blanket ends up over their face... And so I have invented the baby sleeping bag! Just pop the darling in there and rest assured because his face can't get covered up by the blanket! It's soft and cozy and keeps your baby warm and you at peace! And, I hand-stitched it to boot! We don't have a sewing machine :) and it was a nice way to spend a couple hours! Jed read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to me while I sewed away.

Here's the mommy-to-be and the happy gift-givers!
I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I have a new calling at church. I am the secretary for the Young Women's organization (12-17 year old girls) and I love it! Me and Mischaelle (who's the first counselor in the YW) went to one of the girls' volleyball tournament today! It was so wonderful, as always, to spend time with Mischaelle, and it was great to see Shelby play her heart out on the court! Makes me wish I was in a team sport when I was in high school. Well... to be more specific, makes me wish I was a valuable athelete in a team sport when I was in high school :)
Since this day made me exhausted, I am going to sleep! :)

5 comments:

  1. That is a busy day! It's awesome that you bike so much! And, fun picture of Tagg in the fire engine! Such a cute expression... you can read his mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17.3.09

    Hi, dear ones! Jess, as always your pictures and messages are so fun, and it is truly amazing how much energy you devote to your precious family and friends. Your biking is so good for both of you (Grandpa and I got ours out last evening cause it was so warm and beautiful and took the little 5-mile round trip to the Post Office. Yipee! At last some good biking weather in Genoa!) and it is neat for you to be able to go with Tagg to the Library. He looks a bit tuckered out in the big fire engine seat, but we bet he did love it. Your shower time with friends looked exciting, too. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma/pa K.28.3.09

    Hi, Jess! Now it is Sat. Mar. 28 already and I was just checkin' in to see if you had made an update since last we looked. It sure is fun just seeing all your beautiful smiling faces! Miss you and love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica! I just found your Blog! And it is adorable, as is your son!! I'm so glad to see things are going well for you and Jed. I'll definitely be following your blog now :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was soo fun to see you & I'm still impressed that you hand-stitched the blankey sleeping bag! It's a great invention! you could sell them on Etsy! lol! I have less than one week, unless I'm late! eeks! I luv ya girl!

    ReplyDelete