The time has come to make a little blog shrine to quite possibly my favorite time of the year--
Pumpkin Fest in my hometown of Sycamore, Illinois!
{entries in the pumpkin contest displayed on the sycamore courthouse lawn}
I actually got kind of teary-eyed looking at these pictures on the Pumpkin Fest website today! Maybe there are hormonal reasons for my mooshyness, but I couldn't feel more blessed to have grown up in such a sweet, safe, beautiful, friendly, memory-filled town. Love it!

My number one wish at this moment?
Be in Sycamore this Halloween so I can...decorate a pumpkin and enter it in the town contest...take Taggert to walk around the courthouse lawn to look at the hundreds of pumpkin entries...enter the pie-eating contest...get an elephant ear from the Lion's Club stand...walk around downtown Sycamore among tons of other small-town Midwesterners all bundled up in a sweater and jacket...eat corn chowder with my family and friends on Sunday afternoon just before we walk to Somonauk Road to claim the spot we staked out the day before to watch the Pumpkin Parade...
To be honest, I would love to be a townie! {for those of you who might not know what a townie is... it's one of those kids that graduates high school and never leaves the hometown} I am everlastingly glad I did leave... I treasure every one of my BYU memories {and the husband I met there!} and Arizona has introduced me to wonderful friends and perhaps has been the catalyst for my ridiculous cravings for autumn, small towns and leaving your car unlocked in your driveway... but I ache to bring Taggert back to Sycamore and let him play in the grassy yard with the neighborhood kids. ahhh... one day!
(I have to admit, I love these sentimental moments! :)
Here are some personal memories of Pumpkin Fest and Autumn in general...

I just know everyone's thinking about how clever I was to use the pumpkin stem as the nose!

At the courthouse

Picking pumpkins at Goebberts! The best! {All I really remember is how scratchy those pumpkin stems are!}
And, below... try not to get too scared!








No comments:
Post a Comment